Skip to content
- Do you have a visual of your bathroom routine available for your students?
- How do your students let you know that they need to use the bathroom?
- If they let you know by writing down their name and time they left/returned do they understand this system? Can they write? Can they tell time?
- If they let you know by putting something on their desk, do they know what the object is? Do they know the expectations (only 1 person at a time, etc.) around this?
- Do they know where the bathroom is that they are supposed to use?
- Do they know expectations around how they should look and sound when leaving and entering your classroom?
- Do they know expectations around how they should look and sound when walking in the hallway to and from the bathroom?
- Do they know how to determine which bathroom to go into? If there are separate boys and girls bathrooms, do they know which one to go into? Can they understand the symbols? Can they read?
- Do they know how to use the bathroom (find stall/urinal, shut door) ?
- Do they understand social norms within a bathroom?
- Do they know how to wash/dry their hands?