Skip to content
- How are students expected to independently ask for help? (ex. raise their hand, approach teacher, thumbs up, use of a visual, etc.)
- Are students allowed to ask their peers or other adults in the classroom for help? If so, are their expectations around when and how this should occur?
- When can students ask for help? Is there any time of day that the cannot ask for help? (ex. during whole class instruction)
- Are students expected to try things on their own a certain number of times before asking for help?
- Are there independent problem solving steps students have been taught to do before they ask for help?
- Are visual supports in place for students that may struggle with expressive language? (ex. I don’t understand, I need a break, I need help cards)